Friday, August 7, 2009

Life Aspirations

Never will I get sick of watching the sunrise every morning.
I love my job.
The people are amazing, and the job itself is what I'm familiar with.
I bike to work as the sun sets.
I bike home as it rises, or just before it does.
It rocks.


But... I want something more, one day. I don't have any aspiration to go to college or university. Hell, I don't even have any aspiration to finish high school.
Rightfully, yes I should. Why? I have no idea.
What do I want to do?

I'm going to talk about my aspirations...

I want my own business.
I'm not going to school just to come out with a LOT of debt.

I don't have it as easy as many other kids my age.
I don't have a fall back plan. I must support myself, and that is it.
I can't go to college and live with my parents.
I can't have my college paid for.

Besides, what is it I want to do?
Well, I want to own my own business.
There is no way in hell I am putting myself through school and gaining debt just so that I can be someones bitch.

Anyways....
I want my own business.
That is my one aspiration that I am constantly thinking about.
I can't walk past an empty shop up for lease without wondering what I could turn it into.
The thing is, there is no way that I would open up almost anything in my city.
It just doesn't seem like a good idea.... People really only go to 3 main areas, which are very small mind you, and those places have basically every genre of business there is.

So, I need to move away.
I don't know where to, but... somewhere, I'll figure it out later on.

My other aspiration, which in probably just as important as the first, but comes second in my life..
My own green-house.
I want to maybe build, maybe just renovate a house in which is completely off the grid.
The way I see the world, is that us "normal" people can only depend on others for everything for so long. I don't want to depend on stores for everything I need. It's already not working for me.

I work nights, and so I can rarely go shopping or buy groceries, stores are just not a convenience.
So, I want to completely eliminate the need to depend on anyone for things I need.

I want to produce my own power, to power anything I need, which really isn't much because I'm not really into anything that requires electricity. And if you over produce electricity, like, make more than you use, and give it away to other people, then you get paid for it; which is a money making strategy. I want to grow/harvest my own food. Eat some, sell some, it's a win-win.

I have talked to many people and read up on this sort of housing and I believe I know what I'm doing given the proper tools, time, area and funding. But it's still a far out idea. But it's more of a one-day sort of thing. I have lots of time to fine-tune the details.

One day, I will be famous. Well, for the above reasons.
But, if I'm not famous, but I accomplished these things, that's cool too.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Good dreams to have!

Miss Daisy said...

hun, if you wanted to start a greenhouse, I don't doubt my mom would set one up just for you at the little house, everything you said you would like your house to be like is what she plans on doing. Making it completely self-sufficient. it's own electricity, it's own heat, EVERYTHING. As for your own business, I keep telling you I want to help you achieve that, I don't know how yet, but when I get that epiphany, you can be assured that I'm going to help you.

Love you so much.
Marty

Anonymous said...

Love it all. But, unfortunately the world we live in doesn't allow for not being in debt if you want to aim any higher than a dead end. I only wish I were one of those trust fund kids that never had to struggle to achieve anything.
Aside from that cumbersome truth, I hope you achieve everything you set out! You damn well deserve it by now.