Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New beginings

This past Sunday was moving day for my partner, myself and our child. We did not move far, however we finally have the lack of roommates. During our now over 2 year long living-together-ness, we have never had our own home; we had always shared. Until this past weekend that is. It's not too big nor too small, but it is very inspiring. Yesterday morning I happily woke up at 4:30 to make a pot of tea and to post my photography in the smaller bedroom, which I have deemed as my own, until my daughter is older. This morning, my partner and I woke up shortly after 5 and ate breakfast together, we made yummy red pepper and cheese omelette's!

Already I can feel the encouragement this apartment is giving to me. I don't at all mind waking up at 4:30 every morning simply so I can cook breakfast and clean. Finally, a place to call our own home. When the phone rings, I don;t have to play secretary for the other people that live there. People aren't coming in and out as they please, reeking of cigarette smoke. The dirty dishes by the sink are mine, so it's okay. Nobody knows where we live, so there will no longer be any unexpected visits.
---
All struggles I have been dealing with lately are seeming to vanish since the move. I have plenty to focus on that I don't feel the need as much as I used to to analyze absolutely everything. Maia seems to adore the place as well. She has lots of room to crawl around; she even slept in her crib for the first time the first night!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad the move has been so positive for you! That's wonderful to hear. Having a space of your own is so important to a sense of well-being...I'm feeling it at the moment too, am longing to settle and create our own space.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Told you it'd be exciting =P So, when am i visiting?