Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy....what?

I'm not here to talk about how crappy my Valentine's day is/was, that's not important to me. What is important is I am beginning to think not only the male species, more specifically pseudo-'boyfriends" but, just friends in general all share something in common: Douchebag Syndrome.
Do I have bad luck? I feel like my life is very much so; "Whatever could go wrong, does".
Maybe that thought exactly is fueling things, I don't know, and I won't question it. Now, don't get me wrong, I've had a bit of a happy-streak lately, my new motto being "Just be". Just be meaning, no person should need a reason for anything, like being happy especially. Just because not everything in your life is perfect, doesn't mean you should just be content. Anyways, about this douchebag-syndrome, is this just me? It feels like everyone that enters my life is just wasting my time. I just got out of a 2+ year relationship. Yes, I did learn a lot, that is wonderful. But- All the hopes I had when I was 14-15 were totally erased and never happened all because I thought I loved someone who I knew I wasn't exactly "compatible with". Not only that, but people before him, what ever happened to all of my friends before him? Then all the people that vanished once I stopped doing drugs? Then there's the people in the now, being what I thought were some of the greatest friends I ever had, then-POOF, gone! Oh, then there are the people that have very recently lied to my face, which I found out from semi-more truthful people.

Bottom line is, why try to maintain any sort of relationship with anyone? Does every human being have some sort of instinct to lie, or change drastically? I keep setting myself up for failure. I'm thinking living a life alone wouldn't be so bad after all. Then there's the most recent news I received today which sent me instantly bursting into tears. I won't talk about that, but it's decently life changing.

In other news, I'm doing quite well at the social-ness lately. I've learned to be quiet and keep most things to myself without annoyance. I leave people alone, and expect the same, to a degree. People are begining to know me as the girl whom keeps to herself, and that's the new way I like it to be. No more alpha-me. That part of me is definately in me somewhere, but I've switched over, which I'm starting to think is what suits me much more.

I really don't know what else to write about....Well, I began writing out everything I believe in and random opinions on things. For what reason I have no idea. I always thought it would be so simple to have a single word to describe everything a person is, but the english language is just so limited that one must express their beleifs in a book, or more. I thought about blogging it, but I think it's best I keep it to myself, for it is ever changing as I gain new knowledge and experience more.

1 comment:

Goof said...

I do not know if I am a douchebag.
But, I am still me. Always there to chateth with thou.

But yes, most guys are douchebags. Or it's been my observation aswell.