Every year or so, I become somebody different. This year I am mother. One year ago, I was the pregnant teenager in an alternative high school for teens with behavioral problems. Two years a go I was a recovering drug addict whom was seriously considering the fact that she was insane.
Three years ago, I was a drug addict
I'm in the mood to expand on this topic, so here goes. I began smoking cannabis in March of grade 8, I had just turned 14 two months prior. I had just moved to a new town in southern Ontario, by force of my mother, Not by choice, on February First. I had made a small circle of friends, and they were some of the greatest friends I will probably ever have. We smoked cigarettes together (I had been smoking cigarettes for a few years.) But, one cool winter day, while walking through the park, we sit on a bench and out comes what is called a "water bong." This smoking device gets passed along the bench, and so it eventually ends up in my hands. I had never experienced this before. "What is it?" "What does it do?" "Why?" These are all questions I probably should have asked, but I didn't.
And so, I played copy-cat and did what they did. I smoked marijuana for my first time. I did not do it by force or to fit in. I did...well, because I did it. I cannot, nor should I have to justify my reason to "why." The rush...Oh the rush. I loved it. I began to crave it. I had fallen into lust with this smoke-able plant. For the next 6 months I had satisfied my craving for this substance nearly everyday. And the days it was not available, I was broken, incomplete. The days I spent in this town were amazing. I will never forget them.
Then they came. They took me away back to city I came from. Yes, once again, by force. I was broken. I didn't know what to do. I needed it so badly.
I began school; my first year of high school, grade 9. I knew nobody, very similar to now (same school in fact). I had gone within it for about 2 weeks. Then I met the people that changed my life completely. I began doing it again. My lungs filling with its precious smoke every day.
They say marijuana is a gateway drug. Well, this is true for myself. It started with methylphenidate. A pharmaceutical. Ritalin, as you may know it by. Harmless, right. My new addiction. These crushable pills led me to a new extreme. I wanted to taste the rainbow. I'd like to call them MDMA pills, but who knows what were in those?
They call ecstasy. Another addiction. The feeling, the euphoria. I loved it. Mornings were never fun, but then I would just mask it by consuming more.
This couldn't last forever. Not only the consuming, but the lifestyle. I got sick of it. My mind couldn't take it anymore. So, I stopped. I deprived myself. I did this until the cravings went away, and lucky for me, they never came back. By grade 10, I was drug free, I even stopped consuming things likfe caffeine.
Now, do remember, this is only half the story. So much more went on during my life at these times, but they aren't important right now.
To be continued, as usual.
Swipt Detector Gestures Android
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment