I got a random urge to sort through my very vast collection of papers of many sorts. For the past 4 years I have kept up a very detailed diary, although, I have slacked and switched to technology in the past year. The problem is that I did not always date my entries, and I did not always write them in the same manner, such as all in one book. So, I thought I would sort through them all. All I can say is: WOW. I read my journals from 2005-2006 and there were things in there that happened that my brain can not recall. I am amazed! I don't know what to do with them...I would like to keep them, but I would really like a smart way of organizing them. Perhaps, buy hundreds of plastic covers and put all the entries in order? I'm thinking that would be rather expensive to an extent and quite time consuming. I thought about scanning them all and making everything words on a screen. But, that definitely lacks he unique-ness of them all, which I love about them. I'm not sure what to do, but I greatly enjoy reading them every now and again. I also stumbled upon the very first version of my novel, which I thought I had lost. There were also a bunch of drawings, poems (which I have shared in a previous blog), random handwritten lyrics to my favorite songs, and other random writings of mine. I think it's time to have a burning ceremony! I do this every few years; burn everything! It's a geat way to say goodbye to things once treasured, and I havn't done it for 2 years.
In other news, I took some photo's today with the new camera. It's a Canon Powershot and it actually has manual focus, but it's digital, which is exactly what I have wanted for a long time.

I was fooling around with fake blood, mostly because it photographs very well, and I am obsessed with macro shots. So, today I sent about an hour creating different set ups and learning how to operate the new camera. I had lots of fun and felt very accomplished. =)
Unfortunately, I don't think the other images are realy appropriate, especially if you feel unsettled by the sight of blood. There's nothing as bad as I may make it seem, but I don't want to push my luck. If your interested, you can visit my gallery here: http://neverendingwonder.deviantart.com/
However, I will try to take more photo's more often to share with everyone. Here's Maia, taken a few hours ago. Goodnight. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment