Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Relationships

Relationships, whether intimate, romantic, temporary or just friendships all seem to share one common attribute: Complexity. Perhaps this is just for myself, but the time and energy I spend not only maintaining my relationships, but contemplating how good they are and if they could be better is ridiculous. As you may or may not know, my relationship with the father of my child whom I was in for 2+ years came to an end about a week before Christmas. while I still see it as a positive change, he does not and can't understand why I changed my mind so drastically. I continue to explain to him that I need time to find and understand myself, and doing these things is very difficult while being caught up in a relationship.

1 comment:

Rose said...

You are one brave, tough lady and you will make it through... I believe you are doing the right thing.