Sunday, January 25, 2009

Photo Time!


For the first time in almost 3 years, I seeked a pencil and paper and attempted a self portrait, semi-copied from a picture I had of myself, because I have little to no imagination. I didn't realize how much I miss drawing! If I had the time, I would be drawing constantly, just like I used to be. I must admit, I'm definitely not as good as I used to be, especially with shading, but I didn't fail too horribly. =)













This is Jack! We had a random urge to search online for free kittens in the city, and we came across this little 10-week old Bengal kitten, formerly names Milo!
We didn't exactly plan on taking hm home, but once we met him, there was no possible way we could have left without taking him home with us. He enjoyed his first night with us; he's a very playful kitten, yet very gentle. My life now feels a little bit more complete!












I finally got around to painting my bellycast: 11 months or so after I made it. I was about 38 weeks pregnant when I made it, out of medical casting material, given to me as a gift from Maia's aunt. It was a lot of fun to make, and a really great pregnancy memory. My original plan was to use a "stamp" I made our of foam of a tear drop shape make a pattern out of red and orange, but that idea didn't work so well, so I just let the colors mix as they pleased, creating a wonderful egyptian red; which is also the color I've recently been longing to paint the kitchen.

No comments: