Sunday, January 11, 2009

To be or Not to be...

Yesterday, after reading the comments left by fellow bloggers (Thanks again) I realized how nice it was to have people in my life, in the real world or the cyberspace) and so I decided I would invite some friends over. That's when I realized how extreme my lack of social ability really is! I find it very easy to talk to people online, and if I get annoyed-I can just click the little "x" at the top-right of the screen. But, in reality, it is much more difficult to hide from people. I felt a rush of "everything will be okay" yesterday, I thought I would just surround myself with friends, and blur all negative aspects I am facing. Then I realized: I NEED FRIENDS! I really do, and not just label-friends, I mean real, true, everlasting people that I want to share my life with, and allow these people to truly understand me.

This is where I start to believe even more that this city is just too small. I know too may people here, it seems like I've already met everyone, and crossed them off an internal list of "possible friends." This alone makes me want to move away and find a new home-city or town.

Writers block, I'll finsish this later.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh Honey! We all need people although sometimes it can feel safer to not have them in your life. You need to be sure that you have crossed people off your list because they don't deserve to be on it rather than to keep yourself nice and safe in your ivory tower. Go get yourself out there. Friends don't have to be your age either...

Mar Mar said...

Good for you, having friends over! I understand the social awkward-ness too. It gets better with time and practice-- just try to be ok with where you are right now--it's exactly perfect for your life journey.